When you've had a long work day being good and making it the gym and cooking a fresh meal just seems like one more hassle and the guilty pleasure alternatives start to run through your head...
What to eat for dinner? Kraft mac & cheese (the golden voice makes it sound so creamy and delicious) or that new recipe I already bought all the ingredients for
Am I going to go to yoga or make myself a cocktail? The Jameson is already in the house and its only 18 degrees out...
So to make bad decisions for the rest of the night or good decisions, I decided to be devil's advocate and land in the middle.
I did make the new recipe (Spicy Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta, recipe see below) I had all the ingredients for, but then again food with pasta and garlic you never really have to twist my arm too hard. By the way it was delicious, and I officially could never be on a no carbs diet. Life without pasta is not worth living.
...and Yoga lost to my favorite cocktail the Big Ginger (recipe below). I can be good and do downward dog tomorrow.
Spicy Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
1/2 lb pasta (I used linguine)
1/4 cup cream
1/2 cup milk
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
2-3 tsp basil, chopped
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
red pepper flakes
salt and pepper
1. Cook pasta in boiling pot until al dente
2. Mince garlic, chop basil, pulse sun-dried tomatoes in food processor until smooth
3. Heat saute pan on medium-high heat, add olive oil when hot
4. Add garlic and basil until fragrant (about 1 minute) then add sun-dried tomatoes for 2 minutes
5. Add milk and cream and red pepper flakes and cook for 7 minutes until sauce thickens
6. Drain pasta, reserving pasta water if sauce needs thickening
7. Mix pasta and sauce, top with fresh basil and Parmesan if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
Shown on my beautiful pasta plates from Cabo!
The Big Ginger
(credit: The Local Pub, Minneapolis, MN)
1/2 cup ice
double shot of Jameson
slice of lemon and lime
Pour Jameson over ice, add ginger ale to top off the glass and then add lemon and lime. Enjoy!