Sunday, March 13, 2011

Redecorating Project Complete! Almost...

So as many of you know my first quarter 2011 goal was to revamp my room. Many of my photos, bedding and furniture hadn't been updated since college. So it was time to graduate from hand me downs to my own personal design choices. To prove I had graduated from college, I told myself I could do the entire thing on a budget and never go to IKEA once. Mission accomplished!

It was also a wonderful journey to learn what my design style was. I've found I like loud prints more than I thought I ever would, and filling my room with my favorite personal photos and travel souvenirs makes me a lot happier than making sure it looks like a Crate & Barrel catalog. 

I think my home will always be filled with memories from all of my travels, very ala an anthropology professor, and I like that quirkiness because it tells my life story. If there's anything I've learned in this its that your home should tell your story, not look like a perfectly put together show room.

I'm still finding room for improvement and I'll keep you posted on the updates.

Focused on night two of installing the shelves from The Container Store. 

Shelves from The Container Store. Frames from: Micheal's, Target and Urban Outfitters. Cabo San Lucas print from Canvas on Demand (Photograph by myself). All bedding The Company Store (best bedding ever!).


New goal to keep my nightstand less cluttered, I think this is the best its going to get. Candle homemade by the lovely Katherine Harris. Dish from Cabo. Amethyst rock from Arizona. Coaster from Patina. Rug from Urban Outfitters. My beloved Minnetonka Moccasins (tip: You should only purchase them from a local MN store, not a national chain)

Obsessed with this rug, such a wonderful surprise from Urban.

Photos with some of my favorite ladies in my life. Nesting doll from Prague. My new favorite Buddha.


1 comment: