Saturday, July 9, 2011

Easy Summer Lunch


I've been on a huge Greek food kick lately, and only the Greeks could get me to consider a salad for lunch. I'm not a salad person in the slightest, maybe have one four times a year. I just don't find its enough sustenance or flavor and a lot of salads have so many preservatives on the lettuce that I just can't take.

Here's my take on a quick easy delicious Greek salad you can make for a weekend or work lunch. Next time I'll be adding grilled chicken for protein and so its more filling. Definitely try and enjoy it outside if you can!

Greek Salad
Serves: 1
2 cups of lettuce (romaine works fine)
1/3 cup green olives (halved with pits removed)
1/3 cup Greek pepperoncini (halved)
1/3 cup halved seedless cucumbers
2-3 slices of halved tomato
2 tablespoons Greek vinaigrette (I used store bought, but could definitely make your own with olive oil, lemon juice, dash or oregano and salt and pepper)

Toss all together and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I've been on a huge Greek food kick lately, and only the Greeks could get me to consider a salad for lunch. cream shawl , crochet shawl , pink shawl , ladies capes and shawls , satin shawl , lace shawl , green shawl , shawl supplier , beaded shawl , paisley shawl , knitted shawl I'm not a salad person in the slightest, maybe have one four times a year. I just don't find its enough sustenance or flavor and a lot of salads have so many preservatives on the lettuce that I just can't take.

    ReplyDelete