Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's here!! It's here!!!


Myself on Election night. Right after CNN announced Obama had won Ohio and announced him the 44th President of the United States.

Today I'm as giddy as a kid on Christmas morning. I woke up to our new day by going to my morning yoga. Such a great way to start my morning. Exactly what my mind, body, and spirit needed. Then I became glued to CNN as I'm sure many of you were. I absolutely reveled in the moment, my one regret not having made it to D.C to be a part of the energy of it all. My support for Barack Obama first came last February right before Super Tuesday. I attended a rally at the Target Center, waited in a mile long line in the Minnesota cold, and my love for real politics was renewed. As a young child, I often told teachers I would grow up to the be the first female President. I was enthralled with politics, government, and the possibility of democracy. Like a young child who finds out Santa Clause isn't real, in my teenage years I realized the idealized democracy I had envisioned as a child wasn't real. Until Barack Obama came along. The possibility of what I can acheive, what you can acheive, and what we as a united country can acheive has been lifted up to new heights. Congratulations on this historic and happy day! Revel in a new day and a refreshing, much needed historic moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment