Well as expected it was insanely predictable. Everyone of my picks won, and they're weren't too many great moments. Penelope gave a bilingual speech, Heath's family accepted on his behalf, Sean Penn spoke out for equal rights, and Kate and Slumdog won of course.
Let's talk fashion though. Isn't that what really matters? I loved Freida Pinto, Taraji P. Henson, and Angelina Jolie. I know some people are going to say she looked boring in just a black dress, my take effortless. She looks like a knockout without really trying. Simple dress, beautiful earrings and ring, gorgeous hair and she had Brad Pitt on her arm. Team Jolie totally won last night. Aniston looked pretty, but as always as if she was trying too hard with a thick air of desperation.
Here's a quick synopsis of the red carpet
- Freida looked stunning in John Galiano. Very Bollywood inspired, fabulous color, great one shoulder trend.
- Jessica Biel not a fan of. I don't care if it was architectural it was unflattering. Blah.
- Taraji P. Henson my favorite. From the dress to the jewelry to the clutch to the hair. Glamourous. Fabulous!
- Kate Winslet uggh. Not a fan of that dress or hair. Not a good look.
- Meryl Streep stunning. Age appropriate gown. Sexy hair and makeup.
- Penelope Cruz. The jury is still out. Not sure how I feel about a white princess gown. We all know I hate them as a wedding dress.
- SJP. "Barely mint" It was true Haute Couture and fantasy. How annoyed did Matthew Broderick look with the whole thing?
- Amy Adams. She always delivers. Keeps it classy while adding quirky touches that work great together.
- Anne Hathaway. Marion Cotillard did it last year, and the bust line didn't fit at all on the dress.
- Natalie Portman. Stunning. Enough said.
- Miley. Fugly, and like usual she's just being Miley.
- Vanessa Hudgens. What is with that Hobby Lobby arts and crafts project going on on your bustline. Marchesa rarely messes up, this was one of those cases.
- Tina Fey. Knock-out!! Zac Posen always does it fabulous, and this dress was right on point.
- Reese Witherspoon. Scarlet O'Hara could get away with using the drapes, you honey can not.
Last night wrapped up awards season :( Stay tuned because soon enough it'll be May and it'll be Cannes!