Monday, March 16, 2009

Being a Recessionista: Minneapolis Institute of Art





I know its been a while, and you're probs thinking did Em fall off the face of the earth?! No just been swamped with the glorious process of Ad agency intern apps and organizing some new business prospects for my photography.  I have lots to catch you up on!

Wednesday afternoon I spent at the lovely Minneapolis Institute of Art, which is free everyday! It isn't open Mondays like most museums. I'm much more a fan of the style the M.I.A houses as opposed to modern art museums so I've always had an affinity for the M.I.A.  I spent most of my time on the third floor in the Impressionism and Photography rooms, two of my favorite mediums. Spending time with Van Gogh's Olive Trees and the current Tom Arndt's Minnesota photography exhibit was exactly what I needed after an intense morning of dealing with pain in the ass job search engines and racking my brain on inventing some product not yet on the market. 

If you have a lazy afternoon or are just feel like breaking up your routine head to the M.I.A for some great art and beautiful views of the Minneapolis skyline.

No comments:

Post a Comment