Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Being a Recessionista: Weisman Art Museum


Tuesday afternoon I spent at the Weisman, while it slushed and sleeted outside.  The Weisman is located on the east bank of the University of Minnesota campus.  Its always free, but remember it isn't open on Mondays.  

The Weisman carries many modern pieces, not always my taste, but most were interesting. There's a Warhol, and a few O'Keefe's. At the end of my visit I wasn't sure if I should be more impressed by the collection or the architecture of the building.  See in the 3 1/2 years I attended the University I never once went to the Weisman. I know I'm a bad student with no taste, yadda yadda. After yesterday though I realized I just love the architecture of the building more than the artwork in it.  Trash me all you want, but that's my piece and I'm sticking to it.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I've been to 2 lectures there, and it was very nice. Did you see the "west bank story" sweatshirts in the gift shop? Cute!

    ReplyDelete